Biko is a sticky rice cake from the Philippines. It is made of malagkit rice (gluttonous rice) , brown sugar and coconut milk. It is our favorite desert during celebrations and parties.
- 2 cups malagkit rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp star anise
- Wash the malagkit rice and add the water.
- Cook it in rice cooker.
- In a pan heat the coconut oil
- Add brown sugar stir continuously
- Add star anise to add flavor
- Stir in the cooked cooked rice until mixture is well blended.
- Remove the heat and flatten the surface.
- Serve and enjoy!